An Inconvenient Truth or A Convenient Fabrication?
The Non-Crisis Of Man Made Global Warming and
Why We Are Powerless To Change The Climate
by Charles S. Opalek, PE
The definitive response to the errors and omissions of An Inconvenient Truth
This is the book which knocks all the legs out from underneath the nonsense of man made global warming, including how:
Global Warming is
Big Business. The news media, corporations, researchers,
bureaucrats, tax collectors, governments, rip-off artists, and
entrepreneurs are lining up in a profit-feeding frenzy from this
contrived non-crisis. And the poster-boy for this charade and
chief benefactor is non-other than Al Gore.
- There have been two global warming and two global cooling scares within the last 110 years.
- CO2 absorbs to extinction all the longwave radiation
emitted by the Earth within the first 10 meters above its surface.
Above this height there is no energy left for CO2 to absorb
- a doubling of CO2 reduces the absorption to extinction height to about 9.7 meters. However, the increase in warming is barely noticeable, because it is governed by a decaying exponential relationship.
- the Citadel of CO2 measurement, the Mauna Loa station in Hawaii, is
measuring natural CO2 emissions from the surrounding Pacific Ocean
and the world's largest active, gas belching, volcano it
- on three occasions within the last 200 years, 1825, 1857 and 1941, CO2 levels have been higher than they are today.
- the pre-Industrial Revolution baseline of CO2
measurement adopted by the International Panel on Climate Change is
based solely on the findings of one scientist, George Calendar,
while ignoring 90,000 other measurements by hundreds of other
scientists taken over the last two centuries.
- CO2 levels within the last 600 million years have
been up to 20 times higher than they are today, while the Earth's
temperature has remained within a stable 10-degC band. We are only about 9% off the bottom of this band right now.
- 95% of all CO2 emissions come from nature; the other 5% comes from man.
- 99.999% of all water vapor emissions come from nature; 0.001% comes from man.
- water vapor by a factor of 26 has more of a spectral absorption bandwidth or global warming effect than does CO2.
- after CO2, methane, nitrous oxide, and
CFC compounds are considered, the total contribution to global
warming caused by man is 0.28%. Nature causes the remaining
- 31,000 scientists who signed the Global Warming Petition at www.petitionproject.org disagree with the IPCC's 2,500 scientists.
If you are:
weary of the neverending stream of gloom and doom in the newspapers, magazines, and television -
fed up with the relentless barrage of guilt being dumped on you as a climate wrecker and planet basher -
doubtful of the supposed scientific 'consensus',
suspicious of the dogma, and paganism -
and need a source to refute all the claims of manmade global warming -
Then A Convenient Fabrication is the book for you.
To order your copy go to www.lulu.com.
A CONVENIENT FABRICATION: 286 pages, 6" x 9", perfect bound,
black and white, soft cover for $21.94, or download for $3.75.
About the Author: Charles S. Opalek is a registered Professional Engineer with a Bachelor
of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has been
practicing engineering since 1965, and has been in private practice
since 1987. Much of his background was in power generation.
He is an active consulting engineer to architects, designing
heating, ventilating, and air conditioning, plumbing and electrical
systems for industrial, commercial and residential projects.
Web Page Errata
second bullet: "...shortwave..." read "...longwave..."
page 17, line 13: www.oism.com" read "www.oism.org"
page 24, line 3: add sentence "Respiration from vegetation contribute 60 Gt."
page 24, fig 2b; "62.4" read "121.3", and add "60 Gt respiration from vegetation".
page 29, line 26: delete second "is".
Page 37, line ...: "157.1" read "215.5".
pages 38, 46 & 251: 57% read "vegetation respiration"; 38% read "oceans".
pages 51, 142, 143, 281, 282: "Gaekel" read "Gakkel"
page 85, line 15: "se" read "set"
page 131, line 21: after "advocating" add "of".
pag 238, line 2: delete "jet"
page 243, line 31: "..uroclor.." read "..eurochlor.."
page 262, last line: "it" read "it's"